FSB Author Article
Seven Top Secrets to Success in Selling
By Brian Tracy and Michael Tracy,
Co-authors of Unlimited Sales Success: 12 Simple Steps for Selling More Than You Ever Thought Possible
An established expert on sales training and personal development, Brian Tracy has a message for every sales professional: "You have the ability, right now, to earn two and three times as much as you are earning today." In his new book, UNLIMITED SALES SUCCESS (AMACOM; October 2013), Tracy presents seven ideas to work and live by, every day, to dramatically increase sales results and reap incredible rewards:
1. Get serious about your work. "Anything less than a commitment to excellence is an unconscious acceptance of mediocrity," Tracy contends. When you make a decision to be the best at what you do, your life will begin to change, and you are on your way to joining the top 10 percent in your field.
2. Identify your limiting skill to sales success. What one skill, if you developed it to the point of excellence, would help you to double your sales and your income? Write down your answer, determine what you need to learn and do, and begin. When you have mastered this one skill, ask the question again.
3. Choose your friends carefully. "Winners associate with winners," observes Tracy. "When you change your thinking and become a total optimist about yourself and your potential, you will begin attracting into your life other people who think and feel the same way." What's more, negative and unhelpful people will drift away.
4. Decide to live forever. Determine the level of physical fitness and energy you would like to enjoy for the rest of your life -- to age 90 or more. Then, examine your current health habits, with a priority on improvement. "Your job," Tracy stresses, "is to take excellent care of yourself today so that you do live that long, and you feel great about yourself the whole way."
5. Practice creative visualization. "When you visualize and see yourself as calm, confident, positive, and successful, your subconscious mind accepts that picture as a command and organizes your external behavior so that it is consistent with your inner picture," Tracy attests. The person you "see" is the person you will be.
6. Practice positive self-talk. "The most powerful words in the world are the words that you say to yourself," declares Tracy. Rather than give into self-defeating doubts, tell yourself: I can do it! When you repeat positive messages, you program them into your mind until acting consistent with them comes naturally.
7. Get going and keep going. Be intensely action-oriented, with a sense of urgency. "As Albert Einstein said," notes Tracy, 'Nothing happens until something moves.' Your job is to move."
Adapted from UNLIMITED SALES SUCCESS: 12 Simple Steps for Selling More Than You Ever Thought Possible by Brian Tracy and Michael Tracy (AMACOM; October 2013; $22.95 Hardcover; ISBN: 978-0-8144-3324-9).
Brian Tracy, co-author of Unlimited Sales Success: 12 Simple Steps for Selling More Than You Ever Thought Possible, is Chairman and CEO of Brian Tracy International, a company specializing in the training and development of individuals and organizations. The world's leading sales trainer, Brian has trained more people in more industries and more countries than any other sales trainer alive, and is the bestselling author of 55 books that have been translated into 38 languages. He lives in Solana Beach, California.
Michael Tracy, co-author of Unlimited Sales Success: 12 Simple Steps for Selling More Than You Ever Thought Possible, is the Vice President of Sales and Business Development at Analog Analytics, a Software-as-a-Service company that was acquired by Barclays Plc in May 2012. Michael's experience also includes founding an online performance marketing company and managing door-to-door sales teams for AT&T and Verizon. He lives in Solana Beach, California.
For more information please visit http://www.amacombooks.org/UnlimitedSalesSuccess.htm, and follow the author on Facebook and Twitter.