McGraw-Hill, April 2006
Lose weight and prevent disease -- without dieting!
You've tried low-fat, low-carb, and high-protein diets, but you can't seem to keep the weight off. Why? As nutritionist Felicia Drury Kliment explains, all digestive metabolisms are not the same, and your friend's diet miracle could be your diet disaster. The fact is, when you eat right for your metabolism, your body automatically regulates your food intake.
In Eat Right for Your Metabolism, you'll learn about the three basic metabolic types -- meat eater, grain eater, and omnivore. You'll find out how to determine which type you are and how to customize an eating plan to help you:
- Shed pounds and maintain your ideal weight without dieting or drugs
- End unhealthy food cravings and yo-yo dieting for good
- Prevent heart disease, diabetes, cancer, arthritis, and autoimmune diseases
- Conquer insomnia, depression, headaches, acid reflux, IBS, and chronic fatigue
Whether you just want to lose weight or take the leap to a healthier, life-enhancing way of eating, you get everything you need, including:
- The niacin test to determine what diet plan you should follow
- Easy-to-follow weekly menu plans for the meat eater and grain eater
- Delicious recipes from a renowned chef
paperback | ISBN: 9780071460156 | Publication Date: April 2006