Crown/ Three Rivers Press, February 2011
Reverse Your Heart Disease in Just Eight Weeks
If you're one of the 13 million Americans who have survived a heart attack or been diagnosed with heart disease, Dr. Janet Bond Brill offers a delicious and foolproof plan that can lower your risk of a second heart attack by up to 70 percent. Inspired by the heart-healthy Mediterranean diet, the Prevent a Second Heart Attack Plan is based on satisfaction, rather than deprivation.
Backed by cutting edge research, Dr. Brill explains:
- Why the Mediterranean diet is the gold standard of heart-healthy eating
- How "good carbs" such as oatmeal and popcorn lower bad cholesterol, prevent high blood pressure, and control your weight
- The science behind eating fish for heart health
- Why having a glass of red wine with dinner is great for your heart- - and which wines are the best choices
- The easiest, most delicious daily habit that will cut your heart attack risk
Packed with every tool you need to eat your way to better heart health--including daily checklists, a complete two-week eating plan, and dozens of mouthwatering recipes to suit every meal, taste, and budget--Prevent a Second Heart Attack provides you with the knowledge, skills, and confidence to live long and enjoy the good life, the heart healthy way.
Paperback | ISBN: 9780307465252 | Publication Date: February 2011
"This is an important book. Dr. Brill has managed to combine an enormous body of scientific literature [that] establishes the profound links between heart health and nutrition with a highly practical, motivational, and user-friendly approach. If every American followed the principles found in this book, we could substantially reduce the burden of heart disease in our country."
- - James M. Rippe, MD, cardiologist, founder and director of the Rippe Lifestyle Institute
"Dr. Brill provides an engaging and informative book for patients and providers alike. This exceptional book provides easy-to-read information on nutrition and heart disease, practical approaches to heart healthy living, and tools to help patients successfully reduce heart-disease risk. I will recommend this book most highly to all my patients."
- - JoAnne M. Foody, M.D., FACC, FAHA, medical director of Cardiovascular Wellness at Brigham and Women's Hospital
"For the thirteen million Americans who have survived a heart attack or are diagnosed with heart disease, this book is a MUST read! In [a] thorough, thoughtful, evidence-based, user-friendly approach, Dr. Brill presents the eight key foods and lifestyle changes needed to CONQUER heart disease. This book provides the roadmap to successfully navigating the way to a long healthy life after a heart attack."
- - Jennifer H. Mieres, M.D., FACC, FAHA, cardiologist, coauthor of Heart Smart for Black Women and Latinas
"A superb resource for health professionals and consumers! Dr. Brill covers it all! I will recommend her book wholeheartedly to my patients who want science-based guidelines to keep their hearts healthy naturally with nutritious foods and exercise."
- - Georgia Kostas, MPH, RD, LD, author of The Cooper Clinic Solution to the Diet Revolution