Wiley, October 2005
The New Health Insurance Solution can help you save thousands of dollars annually if:
- You're self-employed, an independent contractor, or your employer doesn't provide health insurance -- you can probably get coverage on your own for about $94/month -- a fraction of what an employer would have to pay
- You pay extra to cover your spouse of children under your employer-sponsored plan -- you might save half the price by taking them off your employer plan
- You own a small business and are getting killed by double-digit premium increases -- you can now give employees tax-free money to buy their own plans and get your company out of the insurance business
- You can't find affordable health insurance because you or a child have an expensive preexisting medical problem -- your state has a program to provide you with guaranteed coverage
- You're unsure how you or your parents will be able to afford health insurance during retirement, or how to maximize benefits from Medicare -- including the new Part D prescription drug plan
Most Americans receive health insurance from their employers and lose their health insurance when they lose their jobs, but that's about to change. The New Health Insurance Solution explains how you can profit from recent changes in the law and in the healthcare industry that have put good quality, affordable health insurance within the reach of millions of Americans. Combined with tax-free Health Savings Accounts (HSAs), consumers have a wealth of new options. But how do you choose what's right for you?
Inside, you'll discover:
- How to accumulate $500,000+ in your HSA and use the money for retirement
- Why you should fully fund an HSA before putting money in an IRA or 401(k)
- How to slash prescription drug costs
- Plus: a state-by-state guide for insurance shoppers and much more
Drawing on his background as an economist and entrepreneur, author Paul Zane Pilzer also explains how businesses can fix their health insurance nightmare, cutting costs dramatically while still attracting good employees and providing high-quality coverage. The New Health Insurance Solution is the definitive guide to the new ways every American can now get affordable healthcare.
hardcover | ISBN: 9780471747154 | Publication Date: October 2005
"Americans can finally get affordable lifetime health insurance for themselves and their family. Pilzer's The New Health Insurance Solution shows you how every step of the way."
--Mark Victor Hansen, cocreator, #1 New York Times bestselling series Chicken Soup for the Soul®, and coauthor, The One Minute Millionaire
"Millions of entrepreneurs and small businesspeople
think they can't afford health insurance. Now they can."
--Randy Fields, cofounder, Mrs. Fields Cookies
"A priceless guide for every American, and
especially for anyone with a family member with a health problem."
--Anthony Robbins, author, Awaken the Giant Within and Unlimited Power
"I was on COBRA health insurance and the
information in this book lowered our monthly premium by $700 a month."
--John Grillos, Hillsboro, California