Random House, June 2008
The New Mom's Survival Guide
Answers These and Many Other Questions:
Why can't I lose the extra weight?
I'm just too tired to have sex -- and It hurts. What should I do?
Can I catch croup from my child?
At last your baby has arrived, and you're experiencing all the joys that come with being a new mom. But you may not have bargained on acne and varicose veins, not to mention constipation, vaginal pain, mood swings, or perhaps one of the more serious conditions that pregnancy can trigger. In this compassionate, comprehensive guide, Dr. Jennifer Wider, a physician as well as the mother of two small children, delivers up-to-date medical information, candid answers to a host of questions, and expert advice on a range of postpartum issues, including:
- When the baby blues are more than just a phase
- Feelings of isolation for the stay-at-home mom
- Feelings of guilt for the back-to-work mom
- Cracked nipples and other breast-feeding concerns
- Thyroid problems, anemia, diabetes, urinary incontinence, and other conditions that can show up during or after pregnancy
paperback | ISBN: 9780553805031 | Publication Date: June 2008
"Practical, upbeat, and medically accurate . . . like having a wise and experienced doctor at your fingertips."
--Christiane Northrup, M.D., author of The Wisdom of Menopause and Women's Bodies, Women's Wisdom
"This book offers the kind of excellent advice, guidance, and reassurance that every new mom could use."
--Brooke Shields, author of Down Came the Rain